Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thing #6 - Teaching with Mashups

Wow! I could play in the Big Huge Lab for days! As a scrapbook queen, I could go to town on some of these projects. Now, as a librarian for four-year-olds, there are a number of toys we could play with during the school year. I know my students would get a kick out of taking a picture and then creating a jigsaw puzzle out of it. And how cool would it be for the kids to take pictures of each other and then create their very own pocket photo album or calendar. This would even be great to use for a Christmas or Mother's Day gift (sorry Dad's don't you know you have to have your special day during the school year in order to get a gift!).

I'm also intrigued by the badge maker. Our students are required to wear an I.D. badge everyday (at the beginning of the year this can be the only way to know a child's name...they don't always know it, or remember it), however, it would be really cool for them to create their own Press Pass. As they walk through the halls interviewing the workers at the school, they would look so official!

My head is going to explode with all of the cool ideas I have for next year...teacher's TechFusion, here we come!

1 comment:

myska said...

Avid scrapbooker that I am, I also saw immediately the possiblilities for scrapbooking! I love the idea of the "press pass"!