Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November Challenge - Texas 2x2 Tuesday

November 25 - Texas 2x2 Reading List

My plan was to spotlight another great book from the Texas 2x2 Reading List for today's blog post. Then I realized this is my last for Texas 2x2 Tuesday for this 2014 November Challenge. I started to get very sad until I realized the power I have to share ALL of the titles (300 to date) ever named to the Texas 2x2 Reading List. Now, don't get all anxious. I am NOT going to review every one of the titles. I am merely going to provide you with a way to quickly obtain a list of all of the titles, authors, illustrators, and the year the book was named to the list. This is actually a document I began working on about seven years ago. I wanted to quickly be able to locate the authors and illustrators of the 2x2 books and be able to find out how many times a specific author or illustrator had been named to the list. There was no such document, so I (being the CDO person I am - yes, it is CDO - it MUST be in alphabetical order) created one.

All you have to do is scan this QR code in order to go directly to the Google shared document. If you cannot scan the code, that is fine. Here is the URL - bit.ly/Texas2x2ReadingList.

When you first scan the QR code, you will
be directed to an advertisement, just wait a few
seconds and you will be directed to the document.

If you have a young child in your life and you are looking for the very best books to read to them, or purchase as a gift, I suggest checking out the titles, authors, and illustrators on this list. It is interesting to note, a number of the books named to the Texas 2x2 Reading List in early January of each year by the Texas 2x2 Reading List Committee (a project of the Children's Round Table, a unit of the Texas Library Association), have also been honored with distinctions from the Association of Library Service to Children, a division of the American Library Association. Some of these include - the Caldecott Medal and Honor, Geisel Award, and Notable Children's Books.

You can also view all of the Texas 2x2 Reading List titles on Shelfari.




No comments: