Friday, November 21, 2014

November Challenge - Fantasy Friday

November 21st - Fantasy Friday - Locke & Key series by Joe Hill

Locke & Key series
by Joe Hill

I wrote about Joe Hill's wonderful graphic novel series, Locke & Key earlier in the year. Since then, I have finished reading all of the books in the series.
  • Welcome to Lovecraft
  • Head Games
  • Crown of Shadows
  • Keys to the Kingdom
  • Clockworks
  • Alpha & Omega
These books are a perfect combination of horror (for which Joe Hill's father, Stephen King has built a pretty good reputation on as a writer) and fantasy. The amazing graphics by Gabriel Rodriguez make this a must read series for those who love these genres. I have to admit I have never really been a fan of graphic novels, but Hill and Rodriguez have pulled me in to this world. I highly recommend this series for Fantasy Friday.

It was recently announced at Comic-Con the books will be made into a trilogy of movies by Universal. I have not seen any information about a release date, but I did read the script is "half written". I'm so glad I have read the books. I just hope the script writers are true to the work. It makes me so sad when a great book is butchered into a movie.


No comments: