Saturday, May 11, 2013

Playing Dead




I just finished reading one of the best books! It is the debut novel by Texas writer Julia Heaberlin, Playing Dead. It was the 2013 conference book for the Texas Library Association's One Book, One Conference program which was held in Fort Worth on Wednesday, April 24th. Unfortunately I was not able to attend the session because I was presiding over another session at the same time. I guess the best part for me is the story was not ruined for me through the discussion since I had not finished the book!

I loved this book so much I want to share everything about Tommie, Sadie, Maddie, and Hudson, but I won't because I want others to enjoy the book too. All I can say is that I loved everything about it, especially the setting! The book is set in and around Fort Worth, Texas, for the most part. I was surprised with the twists and turns in the book. As we grow up we all believe we know who we are and all about our parents. It can be shocking to find out, after the death of a parent that you really know nothing about yourself.

I highly recommend this book to lovers of Texas, mystery, and suspense. I can't wait for Ms. Heaberlin's next book, Lie Still, which is expected out July 9th.

Happy Reading!

No comments: